Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Newlywed




I'm not only new to the blogger world but I'm also a newlywed! It's been a huge change but I've been loving every second. It's amazing to me how different it feels and how things have changed about me just from saying "I Do". 
Keith and I had been together nearly 5 years before getting married and while I felt like I knew everything about him, we had never lived together (besides with 2 other friends for a short time in college) so the hardest adjustment was moving into his "bachelor pad" that he had lived in by himself for the past 3 years, I had tried to slowly make it a home over the years but I just couldn't get that "homey/comfortable" feeling so I had a lot of anxiety about moving in after the wedding. To my surprise it wasn't as bad as I had anticipated! After a wall to wall, floor to ceiling cleaning, some new furniture and a few female touches it was a great starter home for newlyweds! I still dream of building our own home (sometime soon) but until then I"m grateful for the home we have. While the moving part went smoother than expected, the transition of living basically by ourselves with our own rooms and routines to sharing everything and being together 24/7 is still a work in progress. 
I have to admit this is not where I thought I'd be at this point in my life. I always planned to be a little older when I got married and never really had a huge desire for kids. Now that I'm married, I love being a housewife and my uterus aches just a little when i see a baby lol It just makes me believe even more that whatever is meant to be will be and the best anyone can do is just try to enjoy life!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for your blog!! Marriage is so much fun and such an amazing adventure. Some days are good and some are bad but it's all worth it in the end! I'm also glad your uterus is aching for a baby. YOu don't even know how excited that makes me!

    ReplyDelete